1万

积分

版主

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2021-2-9 13:53 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 sig2013 于 2021-2-9 13:57 编辑

The Court has just announced that it will hear arguments next month in a case that presents this issue: Caniglia v. Strom. In this case, Mr. Caniglia was arguing with his wife and melodramatically put an unloaded gun on the table and said “shoot me now and get it over with.” His wife called a non-emergency number for the police who arrived shortly thereafter. The police disagreed about whether Mr. Caniglia was acting “normal” or “agitated” but they convinced him to take an ambulance to the local hospital for evaluation. The police did not accompany him.
While he was on his way to the hospital, Mrs. Caniglia told the police that her husband kept two handguns in the home. The police decided to search his home for the guns without obtaining a warrant. (Mrs. Caniglia’s consent to have the police search their home was legally negated because the police untruthfully told her that her husband had consented to the seizure of any guns.) The police located and seized the two guns. Mr. Caniglia sued for the violation of his Fourth Amendment right to privacy and his Second Amendment right to keep handguns in the home for self-protection.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/eva ... -without-a-warrant/

主题

帖子

1万

积分

老牌枪友

积分
沙发
发表于 2021-2-9 20:15 | 只看该作者
I felt I should follow this case to know more.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

触屏版|枪友会

GMT-8, 2024-5-3 13:29 , Processed in 0.022560 second(s), 18 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表