老牌枪友

积分
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-1-6 09:15 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 rc256 于 2015-1-6 11:16 编辑

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196096
Musketeer:

Been There, Done That, Got the T-Shirt...

Central Florida 1993 deliverring Pizza. Pulled into the parking spot head in at the housing projects in "bad" part of town at about 11:00PM on a Friday night. Immediately a car blocks me into the spot from behind and the passenger jumps out and runs up to my passenger side door.

This had happenned several times in the area already where the victim was being forced to drive to an ATM and get out as much cash as possible. They were then usually beaten badly and in one case the person was killed. I drove a red firebird at the time and was a very common site in the area. That Friday alone I probably drove into that complex six times. Being a white guy in a red firebird deliverring pizza made me a fairly obvious mark. The standard routine was to park, run around tothe passenger side and grab the pies, then head to the door. Anyone who watched this would know pizza guys' passenger doors are unlocked.

As soon as the car blocked me in I hit the door lock and leaned forward so I could reach my 4 cell mag light with my left hand and draw my buddy's S&W 36 with my right. (My 1911 was out getting hard chromed so I was using my buddy's loaner, what are friends for!). The goblin yanked on the passenger door once (locked) and then looked up. As soon as he looked up he was staring at the the snubby held in my right hand. I then shined the maglight right in his eyes. His hands never came into view but if they had and anything was in them I would have shot him through the window. The goblin at my door ran off, not even going back to the car he arrived in. The car then took off. I deliverred the pie to what appeared a fairly normal family for the area. The guys were never caught as far as I know.

Lessons learned.

1. Stay Aware! (I saw them coming and was able to be ready.)

2. Be Preparred! (I was armed and able to respond when required.)

3. Be Resolute! (I KNEW I would pull the trigger if I had to and I already had decided before hand what would justify my doing so.)

I still get the shakes, find myself speaking rapidly and breathing quickly to this day when I describe the incident.

One important thing, I was not going to shoot anyone to keep my car! My life was my concern. If someone THREATENS my life for my car I may choose to respond to the threat to my life, who knows if he will leave it at the car. BUT if he already has my car I am not going to let him shift into drive and then blast him. Once he has it its his. Both my cars are insured and the newer one has OnStar which works just like a lojack if needed

Work hard, play harder

主题

1万

帖子

9万

积分

国宝枪友

积分

NRA终身会员携枪执照

沙发
发表于 2015-1-6 09:40 | 只看该作者
想了想还是得把我的车改成车熄火后只开driver side。现在设成全开不够安全。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

老牌枪友

CCLinstructor,FFL,in lawschool

积分

NRA终身会员三枪客认证教员携枪执照

板凳
发表于 2015-1-6 11:21 | 只看该作者
Good article, the key is always be aware and be prepared.
内心柔软而有原则,身披铠甲而有温度。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

3万

积分

版主

积分

三枪客

地板
发表于 2015-1-6 11:30 | 只看该作者
被堵以后如果前面墙堵死了,加足马力回退能否把对方车给推开?假设两个车一样大小。
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

元老枪友

▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

积分

NRA终身会员携枪执照

5#
发表于 2015-1-6 16:09 | 只看该作者
alex 发表于 2015-1-6 12:40
想了想还是得把我的车改成车熄火后只开driver side。现在设成全开不够安全。。。 ...

我的Odyssey是那样。只开driver side。我还有点annoyed。看来还是好feature。
人逢大事有静气
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

1万

帖子

9万

积分

国宝枪友

积分

NRA终身会员携枪执照

6#
发表于 2015-1-6 16:18 | 只看该作者
dart 发表于 2015-1-6 16:09
我的Odyssey是那样。只开driver side。我还有点annoyed。看来还是好feature。

annoyed的是那个sb eco light!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

触屏版|枪友会

GMT-8, 2024-4-19 03:09 , Processed in 0.027413 second(s), 19 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表